Phoenix, AZ Property Tax Attorney Stephen C. Newmark
Questions about Arizona Commercial Property Taxes?
Building owners, landlords, and developers like you are often the victims of excessive taxation. In the current economic climate when the state aggressively pursues all the revenue it can, you need to be diligent and proactive in making sure that you are not paying more than your share of taxes. You must also be diligent in paying your tax responsibility in a timely way to avoid penalties.
Some common issues and errors in regard to commercial property tax include
- Many properties are exempt from taxation due to the type of use the building is put. Many owners are unaware of these exemptions. They may pay excessive state and city taxes.
- Properties are assessed inadequately and do not reflect their real value. This may lead to inflated tax rates on a commercial property.
- Many property owners have status that makes their property exempt from certain taxes.
- Landlords may incorrectly calculate their property taxes and not charge rent that reflects the appropriate tax. At tax time, landlords may find they owe far more than they had planned.
- A property developer is not familiar with municipal taxes that may be in addition to Arizona tax and ends up facing a huge tax burden when they file.
Phoenix Tax Attorney Stephen C. Newmark has been focused on state, regional and municipal tax law in Arizona for more than 35 years. He has counseled clients through all of the above circumstances and many more.
The Newmark Law Firm focuses on Arizona property tax.
Whether you are in the property development stage and want to avoid a tax dispute or you have already realized that you have a tax dispute with a state, county, or regional tax authority, you have help available.
Stephen C. Newmark is one of the few Phoenix lawyers certified as a specialist in Arizona Tax Law by the Arizona Board of Legal Specialization. There is no area of tax law— from Construction & Contractor Taxes to Internet Tax Law—in which Mr. Newmark is not experienced. Call Stephen C. Newmark at (602)274-7552 *or by e-mail* to have your questions answered by a skilled Scottsdale tax attorney.